Making you own homemade almond milk is really easy. I never realized it until we started doing it ourselves. I was spending tons of money at the supermarket every week on organic almond milk, and then we got a Nutribullet 14-Piece Nutrition Extractor 600 Watt Blender Juicer NBR-1401 Nutri Bullet! The Nutri Bullet has completely changed our lives in so many ways, I can go on and on about the thing, but today is all about almond milk!
First, why almond milk?
- IT’S A GREAT ALTERNATIVE FOR THOSE WHO CAN’T DRINK MILK OR CHOSE NOT TO: While almond milk does not contain as much calcium or protein for it to be a COMPLETE substitute, it does contain enough to fill you! So it’s great for smoothies, for your cereal, your coffee, your cookies and milk, heck, just about anything really!
- IT HELPS WITH WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: 1 cup has about 60 calories as opposed to about 140 calories in whole cow’s milk. Again, winner in my book!
- IT’S GREAT FOR YOUR TICKER! (YOUR HEART): There is no cholesterol or saturated fat in almond milk. It’s also low in sodium and high in healthy fats, the omega fatty acids that are so good for us. Those are the things that help to prevent high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- IT MAKES YOUR SKIN GLOW: Almond milk contains Vitamin E, about 50% of the recommended daily amount. Vitamin E contains antioxidant properties essential to your skin’s health, such as protecting it against sun damage.
- IT’S GREAT FOR DIGESTION: With 1 gram of fiber per serving, it will keep things moving in the right direction!
- IT KEEPS YOUR MUSCLES STRONG AND HELPS TO HEAL THEM: Almond milk contains plenty of B vitamins such as iron and riboflavin, both important for muscle growth and healing.
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
1 cup of raw almonds (organic if possible)
3 cups of filtered water
A splash of vanilla extract (if you prefer)
Blend to desired consistency, or, if you have a Nutri Bullet, run for about 3 cycles (depending on the consistency you like your almond milk to be) and your done!
* Don’t over mix or you will end up with the milk being too frothy! *
Here is what our homemade almond milk looks like:
Homemade almond milk tastes so much better, and probably has more fiber than store bought almond milk, because it’s not strained!